Acts Relating To Operational Estate Compliance
It is the responsibility of the Body Corporate or the Home Owners Association to ensure that all service providers and contractors working in the estate are doing so on the right side of the law; this is as important as if the Board’s employed their own staff instead of outsourcing these portfolios.
These Acts have bearing on residential estate living:
- The Immigration Act, 2002 (Act No. 13 of 2002) as amended
- The Labour Relations Act, 1995 (Act No. 66 of 1995)
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993 (Act No. 85 of 1993)
- The Basic Conditions of Employment Act, 1997 (Act No. 75 of 1997)
- The Employment Equity Act, No 55 of 1998
- The Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act, 1993 (Act No. 130 of 1993)
- Unemployment Insurance Amendment Act, 2003 (Act 32 of 2003)
- The Unemployment Insurance Contributions Act, 2002 (Act No. 4 of 2002) amended by the Taxation Laws Amendment Act, 2012 (Act No, 22 of 2012)
Various national, provincial and local bylaws have bearing on residential estate living in addition to the Acts listed above, and Ecliptic Estate Management is well versed in these. The Operations Compliance Division specialises in assisting estates with compliance-audits and implementation of the requirements.